To apply, send us an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking a highly competent and passionate Senior Java Developer with knowledge of Java/J2EE, MVC frameworks, Relational Database persistence, and modern software development practices who can work in an agile environment. The individual will be a part of a talented team of technology professionals exposed to a variety of the latest technologies and will be expected to learn quickly and collaborate within an agile team.
Job Type: Contract
- Deliver high-quality software that meets requirements by supporting a cross-functional team.
- Support various disciplines within the software development lifecycle including analysis of requirements, design of solutions, implementation, security, testing and continuous integration and deployment.
- Design and develop Web Applications following best practices.
- Ensure Web Applications support the needs of various clients.
- Integrate services, components and systems.
- Produce tested, quality code with proper unit test coverage.
- Coordinate and collaborate effectively with developers, business analysts, testers and other team members to ensure timely deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of experience required
- Strong fundamentals in object-oriented design, design patterns, data structures, algorithms & analysis.
- Strong experience working with Java (8 or above), MVC frameworks like Struts, Spring, Java ORM tools (e.g. Hibernate/JPA), RDBMS (e.g. MS SQL Server, Oracle) and unit testing (Junit or Spock)
- Experience in Scrum/Agile development
- Experience with Git/GitHub
- Comfortable working in a mixed operating system environment (Windows, Linux)
- Experience with AWS
- Some familiarity with Groovy is helpful (for testing)
- Ability to work in advanced Agile SDLC environments, iterating through development cycles